Peer Help Groups: Sociograms

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sociograms

I recently began making a sociogram for an organization with which I am affiliated. I found the results quite amazing, but was burdened by the process. I've searched and can't seem to find any program that will build a sociogram for you. I have one that will let me do it by hand after I've collected the data, but nothing to actually build one for me. I'm also looking for a relatively low-priced program that will take our information from an SQL database and produce graphs. I know of a company, corda.com, that supposedly produces some very extremely dynamic graphs, but, of course, you have to pay for what's good. I hope to provide graphs that show the progress of individuals using the goal setting program, for their own personal viewing only. Right now, no one using the goal program can see their past results, which can be disheartening I imagine. So, that's what we're working on.

Post Your Own Comment:
I'll look in that program. I'm sure there is an open-source solution out there. It's sound a lot like something that would have been done already.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
BYU Blogs and Sites
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
My Amazon.com Wish List