Peer Help Groups: Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts

Friday, January 12, 2007

Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts

The new 2007 Mutual theme for the Church is 'Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God' (D&C 121:45). In support of this theme, I am making a commitment to provide more content that will help the users of our sites garnish their thoughts with virtue. To begin, I would encourage everyone to read, "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen. I have no experience in recording, but to make it easier on some, I will be reading and posting mp3s of the chapters in the podcast section of both ldsteenhelp.com and helpforguys.com. This is legal because this particular book is no longer copyright protected. It is considered public domain. Even though it's easier to listen to a book than it is to sit down and read one, I recommend you get a copy of this one. I don't think you will get the full effect by just listening to it, especially just listening to me read it. I hope to have the whole book posted within the next two weeks. Here is the link to the first sections:

Foreward
Thought and Character

If you have any ideas that can help others to let virtue garnish their thoughts unceasingly, let me know and we'll try to include it here.

*Update - The rest of the material has been posted to another blog entry. You can also find it by going to a Peer Help Group site and clicking on Readings and Podcasts down at the bottom.


Post Your Own Comment:
http://www.asamanthinketh.net/download.htm
has free copy of the book "as a man thinketh"
 
Thanks for the pointer.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
BYU Blogs and Sites
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
My Amazon.com Wish List