Peer Help Groups: Competitive by Nature

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Competitive by Nature

I am currently participating in the Weight Loss Wars free competition. I realize that I should have posted this before the beginning of the competition. My apologies. I'm really interested in seeing how this is run. I'm not exactly overweight, but I've been trying to eat healthy and lose a few pounds unsuccessfully. I tend to be competitive by nature and I think this could really help. Even more importantly, I think this platform could be applied to other areas where people try and make changes but just need that competitive edge to get themselves over the starting rut. There is a speech called Tickling the Tiger, which I can't seem to find right now, that talks about the different levels of energy and the extra force needed to push something from one energy level to the next. It's like that with a lot of things where we can easily become stagnant and plateau. I wonder what it would be like if we had competitions to see who could go the longest without acting out or giving in to a certain temptation. We might have to have different levels, those trying to go a week, those trying to go a month, and those indefinitely. I wonder if it would be appropriate to turn somethings that are so serious in so many lives into a lighthearted competition. It might be the only way to get people to deal with it openly. These are just some thoughts. I'd encourage you to check out weightlosswars.com.

Labels: , ,


Post Your Own Comment: Post a Comment

<< Home
BYU Blogs and Sites
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
My Amazon.com Wish List