Peer Help Groups: Disappointed with NBC

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Disappointed with NBC

I, with many others, am disappointed in the lack of responsibility we've seen from NBC with the video that they released yesterday of Cho Seung-Hui. I completely understand focusing on the tragedy and the effects on those that are hurt by this, but I don't believe that any good can come from creating a star out of a psycho or giving any credit to his message. He took time out of his shooting to send the video to NBC because he wanted his message to get out. And it did. If we broadcast that message all over the news we are simply training others to get their message out the same way. If that is the only way to be heard, then what is stopping them? The tragedy and news are not what he wanted viewed, it's what's going on in the lives of people in Virginia and across the country. I plan to no longer watch NBC News and plan to send them a letter telling them why. I will also send a letter to the news station that I will continue to frequent and explain to them my position in hopes that they will not rebroadcast or emphasize the same content. It's one thing to talk about it on a blog, it's another to write letters.

Anyone else interested, corporate info for NBC is:
NBCUNI.COM FEEDBACK
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608

Powered by ScribeFire.


Post Your Own Comment: Post a Comment

<< Home
BYU Blogs and Sites
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
My Amazon.com Wish List