Peer Help Groups: Viral Marketing in Real Life

Monday, May 21, 2007

Viral Marketing in Real Life

Okay, maybe I should amend part of what I just posted. I drew a hard and distinct line between proliferation tactics and real viral marketing. I was trying to emphasize a point. However, there are obviously some really good viral marketing ideas that ad agencies can come up with. Like this one from MSNBC called NewsBreaker Headlines. You can bet that the people in that audience are going to go home and create a word of mouth effect. And what a perfect time to introduce this because everyone complains about paying outrageous prices to go to a movie and then sit through commercials while you wait. SS+K, the ad agency, recognized a pain and filled it with something of value. People were paying to go to a movie and be entertained, so SS+K replaced the pain with entertainment. Genius. The line between proliferation tactics and real viral marketing is fuzzier than I thought. Perhaps the graph from our previous post should look something more like this:

Post Your Own Comment: Post a Comment

<< Home
BYU Blogs and Sites
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
My Amazon.com Wish List