Peer Help Groups: Pres. Hinckley Passes

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pres. Hinckley Passes

Pres Hinckley passed away tonight. My family received a phone call about two hours after it happened. I immediately sent text messages to many people. I was on my way to a fireside with Elder Joe J. Christensen. They announced the passing at the fireside and Elder Christensen spoke on the passing. We all stood to sing "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet" and we watched a video of some of Pres. Hinckley's counsel. A large portion of the church membership knew within hours. This was a unifying experience for many and I'm glad that I could spend it with the Saints. I'm also glad for the blessings of technology and what it has done for our lives to enable such communication.



Powered by ScribeFire.


Post Your Own Comment: Post a Comment

<< Home
BYU Blogs and Sites
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
My Amazon.com Wish List